Let’s go bananas!
Did you know that banana is termed as a “HAPPY FRUIT”? This is because it keeps you upbeat and helps overcome depression and stress, which are some of the triggers of high blood pressure. Bananas possess tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin, which is the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
The effectiveness of banana on lowering blood pressure is due to its rich POTASSIUM presence. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) diets containing foods that are good sources of potassium and low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. Potassium is an essential mineral that plays a key role in maintaining blood pressure and normal heart function. Moreover it helps to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the cells which helps control blood pressure.
HOW MANY BANANAS CAN I TAKE IN A DAY?
The World Health organization (WHO) suggests a potassium intake of at least 90 mmol/day (3510 mg/day) for adults. One banana of 100 grams contains 358mg of Potassium. It is recommended to have one serving a day which is equivalent to one banana.
- Add sliced bananas to your favorite hot or cold cereal
- Perk up a smoothie or shake by adding a sliced banana to the blender
- Mashed bananas are a flavorful addition to all sorts of quick breads, muffins and even pancakes
- Make a Fruit Kebab
- Banana slices covered in Dark Chocolate
- Add some banana slices to oatmeal as a sweetener
Have a banana, be happy and let’s go bananas!
For more information email email@example.com