Chia seeds are dibble black and white seeds from the plant salvia hispanica, a flowering plant in the mint family.
“Chia” means strength and folklore has it that ancient cultures used this seed as an energy booster.
2 tablespoons contain:
- 8 times more omega 3 than Salmon
- 3-5 times more calcium than milk
- 3 times more oxidants than blue berries
- 41%of your daily fiber
- 3 times more iron than spinach
- 64%more potassium than banana
- 15 times more magnesium than broccoli
- More Niacin than maize, rice and soya
- Balances blood sugar
- Improves digestive health
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Controls sugar cravings,
- Aids in weight loss
- Improves the health of skin, nails, hair.
- Mineral powerhouse and great detoxifier
- Improves memory, mood and overall energy
- Super source of energy and vitality for intense physical workout
- Increases and prolongs satiety (feeling of fullness) hence reducing food portions, translating to weight loss.
- Affordable and NATURAL!
- Can be added as a whole or ground up in smoothies and juices, mixed into yoghurts, oatmeal or sprinkled on top of salads.
- Add a tablespoon of chia seeds in a glass of water, let it sit for 20-30 mins.
- To give your drink some flavor, add chopped fruit or squeeze in some lemon, lime or orange and honey.
1.5 tablespoons twice a day is recommended.