Primarily responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all day-to-day operational activities of the Company under the direction of
the Chief Executive Officer. The position ensures that all operational aspects of the Company’s activities operate in a safe and sound manner
and in the best interest of shareholders, the Board of Directors, customers, employees, and the public.
- Being accountable for the aggregate plan and delivery of systems, operations, properties & maintenance, and the general operating
model of the Company.
- Leveraging the advantages of bringing together operational expertise and drive through more efficient ways of working.
- Ensuring strategic objectives shaped at Country level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements
in place to monitor progress.
- Ensuring that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from the Board including the Changamk@ project.
- Coordinating the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum
efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Contributing to the development of the business unit strategy for the next 2-3 years by providing a view on potential improvements
for the various Company products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external
- Analyzing effectiveness of processes and systems in use in general for the Company and recommend corrective action or automation.
- Reviewing performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Board, discuss gaps, and agree on action plans
to close gaps.
- Benchmarking productivity of the Company against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, Government, suppliers, regulator etc to ensure correct focus and direction
for the Company at operations and technology level.
- Serving on various committees including Board Committees, Manco and Procurement Committee
- Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business
- Accountable for planning and opening of new branches (outlets) in terms of expansion of the business and business plans
- Directing internal operations to achieve budgeted results while participating in preparation and development of short term and longterm plans and budgets.
- Evaluation and reporting of overall operations results and reporting to CEO
- Contribute to business growth through identification of business development opportunities.
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Support stakeholders on all financial inputs and outputs (Actuarial, Finance, appointed actuary and audit/assurance teams) on IFRS17
reporting within monthly, quarterly & end year reporting timelines
- Responsible for Data Quality in the systems which includes KYC and underwriting information.
- Provide necessary support to ensure 99% uptime of key Company services
- Leverage new & emerging technologies to improve the organization’s operational efficiency
- Achieve underwriting profitability by maintaining loss and expense ratios at acceptable levels to be agreed for each year
- Technical competence in Operations
- People Management
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations
- Results driven and customer focused
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Financial Management and reporting experience