We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Human Resource Manager, at Jubilee Life Insurance Corporation of Tanzania Limited. The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Primarily responsible for leading and managing the organization’s Human Resources Development strategies and agenda in partnership with business functional leaders and line management. They will also serve as a Consultant to Management on Human Resource related issues, act as a change agent and employee champion.
- Implementing the agreed strategic HR manpower and recruitment plan and ensure that HR plans are in tandem with the business plans
- Conduct and advice on staff recruitment, selection, placement, and succession planning in line with business needs and plans.
- Analyzing the skills and qualities required for jobs and in liaison with line managers develop job descriptions for all staff
- Partner with business lines to identify core business skills and implement agreed strategies to ensure that employees are adequately and continuously up skilled to match the skills requirements
- Assessing the training needs of employees and support to ensure implementation of the agreed intervention strategies.
- Monitoring the implementation of the training plans in technical and non-technical areas of the businesses
- Assessing the impact of training on job performance using various methodologies and submit report for management decision making on a quarterly basis
- Partnering with line managers to guide and coach staff undertaking professional insurance examinations
- Leading in the implementation and service delivery in benefits management, employee welfare, leave management and exit management in line with policies, processes, and procedures
- Preparing and providing management reports for management and Board decisions in HR policies, processes and procedures while creating high standards in statutory and market compliance.
- Researching and advising on competitive compensation and benefits packages that are in line with contemporary market and competitor practices
- Managing and monitoring Employee and Industrial Relations matters within the framework of the Tanzania Labour Laws and advising management for decision making
- Leading in the preparation and execution of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations
- Managing preparation and presentation of HR KPIs and Manage 3rd party service delivery through SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Ensuring execution of performance management process that will improve performance and development of potential talent
- Identifying, implementing, and benchmarking best practices in management
- Determining & coordinating departmental reporting and communication requirements
- Assess and identifying staff motivation gaps and ensuring proper remedial actions and activities are implemented to resolve the mismatch.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Customer Focus
- Strong Planning and Organizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Coaching and counseling skills
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in HR management with at least three (3) in a Human Resource Management position.